CVNA’s Seal of Distinction Internship Program
The Cedar Valley Nonprofit Association recognizes that not all internship programs are created equally. As such, the CVNA has created a Seal of Distinction for exceptional internship programs. This recognition is designed to give more visibility to your organization and your internship opportunities to students seeking an internship. This program is implemented partnership with the University of Northern Iowa’s Nonprofit Leadership Alliance program.
Benefits of Receiving CVNA’s Seal of Distinction:
- Listing on CVNA website as having a recognized internship program
- Listing on UNI’s Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Student Association’s website as having a recognized internship program
- Participation in the Nonprofit-Explor-A-Ganza event held every Spring
- Opportunity to come to a NLA Student Association meeting to recruit interns
- Opportunity to come to Leisure, Youth and Human Services Seminar class (where students select location for the 560 hour internship for the following semester) to recruit interns
- Access to the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance’s Internship in a Box
Eligibility to receive CVNA’s Seal of Distinction for your internship program requires the following:
- Being a member of CVNA
- Having an internship that has (a) a defined job description, (b) a defined project/program of which the intern has ownership, (c) payment for the intern equivalent to at least minimum wage
- Commitment of a supervisor in the organization to provide weekly professional coaching
- Commitment to provide networking opportunities for the intern such as attend CVNA meetings, BOD meetings, etc.
- Annually send a job description for opportunity for application renewal
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, please click here to complete the application to have your nonprofit’s internship program considered for this distinction. Please click here to fill out an application to be considered for the Grant Internship program.
Current Organizations approved for the Seal of Distinction
- Hawkeye College
- McElroy Trust
- The Job Foundation
- The Volunteer Center of the Cedar Valley
- Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
Please note, if your organization offers an exceptional internship but without pay, please consider applying to the CVNA for financial support for your internship. Full details can be found at www.cedarvalleynonprofits.org