Below you will find job announcements that have been posted by CVNA members. Only CVNA members may post to this site. All job opportunities will be posted for two weeks unless otherwise specified.
Position: Secondary Education Coordinator
The Job Foundation is hiring a full-time, salaried Secondary Education Coordinator. The Secondary Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Secondary Education financial and leadership lessons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Education Committee to develop and plan the annual financial and leadership lessons for Middle School and High School.
- Research and develop curriculums for all financial and leadership lessons for Middle School and High School.
- Teach, or supervise the teaching of, all Middle School and High School lessons.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure organized logistical planning (volunteers needed, location, meals, transportation) of Middle School and High School lessons.
- Monitor students’ grades and coordinate academic support as needed
- Collaborate with community partners to develop lesson materials and invite guest speakers
- Coordinate the successful tutoring of middle school students through community partnerships and utilizing community resources
- Routine communication with parents to build and foster relationships
- Attend and assist at organization’s large group events
- Calculate student earnings
- Routinely update student database; lesson attendance, test scores, grades, GPA, etc .
- Work directly with the graduating high school seniors to ensure they are on track with meeting program requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with diverse populations, particularly at-risk youth.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Car ownership and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check.
If interested, please email resume to Dorothy Roby, email@example.com
Position: Black Hawk County AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Coordinator
The Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley is seeking a Black Hawk County AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Coordinator. This fulltime, salaried position will develop and implement strategies in conjunction with the Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley with specific emphasis of connecting, mobilizing and inspiring volunteers age 55 or better in mission driven opportunities through the federal AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP in Black Hawk County. The person in this position will connect volunteers in specific areas of programming including reading proficiency programming, disaster volunteer management, income tax programming, and organizational capacity building and training.
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, click here. Applications due Friday, July 30
Position: Communications Specialist
The Job Foundation is hiring a part-time Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist ensures active, consistent, and meaningful communication with the community on-line, and in presentations and print communications and coordinates effective and efficient communication with Job families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop The Job Foundation’s overall marketing/communication plan
- Maintain website and develop content.
- Manage The Job Foundation’s social media accounts.
- Design and/or work with designers on print collateral, including brochures, short publications, and event invitations, signage, annual report, and community presentations.
- Integrate/cross-promote all The Job Foundation’s communications.
- Work with vendors, including website developers, graphic designers and print companies as needed.
- Support The Job Foundation’s basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Measure and evaluate The Job Foundation’s online and print communications and media relations.
- Research, document, and maintain branding guidelines.
- Edit communications materials written by The Job Foundation’s staff and ensure all communications adhere to a consistent organization style guide.
- Write, design, and send program documents to families.
- Work with other staff to execute special events, including developing event communications, promoting the event, and taking photographs during the event.
- Work with staff to coordinate effective and efficient communication with Job families.
- Attend monthly IT committee meetings and program check-in meetings.
- Work other Job events as assigned by the Development Director.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Development and Executive Director.
One to three years of experience with similar or related responsibilities is desirable. Some photography skills is desirable.
If interested, please email resume to Kelsey Umthun, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Clinic Managerial Positions
Peoples Community Health Clinic, Inc. (Peoples Clinic) is a nonprofit health care clinic guided by its Mission statement to provide access to affordable, compassionate, high quality health care for all, while helping to improve the health of the community. We are looking for the following clinical staff to join our growing care team:
Clinical Director Assistant, Adult Clinical Manager, Urgent Care Clinical Manager, Pediatric Clinical Manager.
For more information go here.
Position: Grant Writer and Data Specialist
The House of Hope is seeking a Grant Writer. The Grant Writer will be responsible to research and find grants, write and submit grants, send in reports in a timely manner, collect and maintain programmatic data. This position is part of the House of Hope team, and consequently, will interact daily with the Executive Director, Development Coordinator, Case Managers, Donation Sorter, Volunteer Coordinator, and Office Manager.
See the website for more information.
Position: Grant Writer
Cedar Valley Bridges Out of Poverty is seeking a Grant Writer to support ongoing management, report writing, and proposal writing. Please contact Rev. George Karnik at (319) 226-5412.