Below you will find job announcements that have been posted by CVNA members. Only CVNA members may post to this site. All job opportunities will be posted for two weeks unless otherwise specified.
Position: Director of Affiliate Impact, Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
Job Purpose: The Director of Affiliate Impact oversees all grantmaking, including the selection and recommendation processes, awarding, monitoring, and reporting of grants annually across a 20-county region (not including Black Hawk). Additionally, as a leader on the Impact Team, this position is responsible for full engagement in the implementation of our impact model in which asset development, grantmaking, and nonprofit relations are integrated to maximize impact to the community.
The position plays a role in strengthening the Community Foundation’s presence throughout the region as an effective funder and community leader. The person in this position must demonstrate professional and personal commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and must be able to work in a team environment to ensure organizational goals are attained.
Impact Team Collaboration and Engagement
- Provide leadership and overall coordination of grantmaking activities within the Impact Team and engage colleagues in the grantmaking process.
- Contribute to building and sustaining positive team culture that supports commitment to shared goals and core values, and that fosters development of individual leadership, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Participate with Impact Team colleagues to identify opportunities for strengthening and enriching stakeholders’ experience with the Foundation, including fundholders, donors, prospects, grantees, nonprofits, and volunteers.
- Work in collaboration with other Impact Team colleagues and communications staff to tell stories of impact for the community, and for donor-specific reporting.
- Work with Impact Team colleagues and communication staff to produce events, convenings and other opportunities for donor engagement and donor/grantee connection.
- Leverage grantmaking expertise and work with other Impact Team colleagues to provide content for donor research requests.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Impact Team annual budget.
- Serve as key point of contact for Affiliate volunteers engaged in grantmaking in their counties.
- Ensure successful alignment of Affiliate committees with CFNEIA values through volunteer recruitment strategies and onboarding to position committees for high-impact grantmaking.
- Engage Affiliate volunteers across the region in ongoing training opportunities and professional development related to philanthropy, community development, and impactful grantmaking.
- Prioritize relationship-building with prospective and current Affiliate volunteers to ensure grantmaking practices uplift trust-based philanthropy principles.
- Steward volunteers’ relationship to and understanding of the Foundation to strengthen engagement in community leadership, development, and impactful grantmaking.
- Champion trust-based philanthropy practices and principles and advocate for the needs of nonprofit organizations.
- Provide leadership to Grant & Scholarship Manager responsible for facilitating funding cycles, grant process management, and grant reporting.
- Facilitate application review process, selection meetings, and recommendation and award process with Affiliate Committees.
- Work with the Vice President of Community Impact and Impact Team colleagues to develop strategies to increase grant making impacts and measure progress and gaps to adjust grant making strategies and systems.
- Oversee site visits with grantees.
- Collaborate with county and community leaders across the Affiliate region to bring focus to community needs and align grantmaking to impact change.
- Participate in community meetings and convene community members and leaders to support community development initiatives.
- Provide expertise on rural community development, including placemaking strategies.
- Identify potential grant making opportunities and grantee partners in the community. Build trusting relationships with nonprofit partners to maximize grant impacts and grow their ability to meet needs in their counties.
- Organize and facilitate training opportunities for nonprofit organizations to provide support in strengthening operational and impact effectiveness.
- Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Work closely with the Vice President of Community Impact and the Impact Team in creating/managing the overall vision for the community impacts at the Foundation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Foundation’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in support of the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the Foundation.
- Provide general assistance and build trusted relationships with fund advisors and grant seekers.
- Work with the Vice President of Community Impact to maintain National Standards as defined by the Council on Foundations, and any state standards that may be developed.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees (internal and external) as requested by the President/CEO and/or Vice President of Community Impact.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years’ experience preferred in a non-profit or profit role including volunteer management
- Proven ability to convene community leaders and facilitate boundary-spanning conversations
- Demonstrated competency in managing major change initiatives
- Experience in managing and improving processes and procedures
- Proven ability to partner/collaborate with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel) required
- Willingness to travel required (valid driver’s license required)
- Strong database skills and ability to efficiently manage and deploy data
- Work style characterized by self-motivation, initiative, and integrity
- Committed to confidentiality, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Flexibility within a changing and sometimes stressful environment
- Commitment and ability to work both independently and as part of small office team
- Change management
- Strong leadership
More information about this opportunity can be found on the CFNEIA website.